Friday 30 November 2012

Mountain View

Ulverston with Dow Crag and Coniston Old Man
The late slanting winter sun shadows the Coniston hills.  The remains of ice/snow in the gullies can just be seen on the top of Coniston Old Man (right). In this early winter week the snow appears and disappears on the tops
Looking East from Birkrigg
although turning ones eyes to the east and the higher fells  the snow ridges look suitably winter white.  The wind is sharp and chill
Birkrigg
and this farmer is on his way home.  I'm wishing I had my gloves on but imagine it is nice and cosy in his cab. 

My skies to join those in  SkyWatch Friday
.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Stunning skies, Joyce! Happy Weekend and Merry Christmas.

Joyful said...

Lovely photos. I like the last one with the pop of colour. Very nice.

Stewart M said...

Splendid views - The Old Man was the first and last Lakes hill I walked up and down!

I used to live in the South Lakes and I miss the place!

Stewart M - Melbourne, Australia

Huzhar said...

Beautiful sky & beautiful landscape..

Dave said...

Joy, your English countryside and buildings are beautiful. Makes me wish I could come over and do a tour. Sadly that's not to be but can enjoy your scenery through your blog and other UK residents' blogs - Dave