Tuesday 16 August 2016

Flowers in Season

Taking a stroll through a summer garden with a seat placed to enjoy the flowers and the day.
Sizergh Castle
But the flowers don't only live in gardens,  here they tumble down steps
the little daisies flowering in profusion. Those who know tell me their name is actually Erigeron karvinskianus, maybe daisy is easier to say.
Flowering Currant
 A bee immerses itself in these April flowers and almost becomes part of them, just the start of its busy year.
This was the last butterfly I saw last year, a small tortoiseshell making the most of the late flowers in October.

An entry to ABC Wednesday, a journey through the alphabet, this week sojourning at F here

9 comments:

photowannabe said...

Oh, I love the Tumbling Flowers.
Great capture.

Leslie: said...

I never tired of visiting gardens in England and Wales - this time I saw St. Fagan's, Dewstow and Bodnant in Wales and many many private ones in England. They're everywhere and you can tell just how much people take pride in them. These are fantastic shots and I looked for the bee (I think I see it) and the butterfly is gorgeous!

Leslie
abcw team

Hildred said...

Gorgeous flowers, - dear to my heart...

MelodyK said...

ohhh those tumbling flowers look magnificent, hope that nobody will take them away


Have a nice ABC-W-day / – week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/19-f/

baili said...

wow what a flower shower loved it though

Roger Owen Green said...

love that stairwell

ROG, ABCW

Amit Agarwal said...

Oh so lovely!

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely floral shots ~ especially the stairs! So beautiful~

Happy Week to you ~

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

love the steps and the daisies. So often people give such hard names to flowers.